Monday, January 17, 2011

Christmas Monkey!!!

Talk about your jumbo-sized apology posts! Better tell Phyllis to hold your calls for a while, cause we will not stop rockin the cute! Me and the editors headed out to Momma's hometown of Polson, MT for Christmas, and man, was it something. While I demonstrated that I am NOT a fan of sleeping in the same room as the 'rents, I also demonstrated that I am the cutest member of either extended family, Uncle Jake included (but maybe not with the moustache). You will, no doubt, enjoy the below bevy of yuletide cuteness.
Grandma Nancy/Grandma Josie/Nana/Ninna and Great Grandma Janice knitted me this outrageously cute hat and scarf, which I love! Apologies to all those who got a spoiler of this picture on the facebook, (and then stole to post it on their own profiles, GUK!), but hey, we could post this picture once a week from here on out and would expect nothing other than gratitude!

So wait, I have to wait another 364 days before being showered with gifts like this again? Oh, my birthday? Fair enough. June 16 in case anyone was wondering.
Ready for some Nordic Combined!

See, I don't need props to be cute.

I spent a TON of time in MT with Grandma Josie/Nana/Ninna, and loved every minute of it, even though what I was supposed to refer to her as seemed to change every couple of minutes. Though he is not pictured here, I also got to meet Uncle Roche (pronounced "Rocky"), and was tremendously impressed by his moustache and voracious appetite for Harry Potter. Roche is SUPER awesome, and I am so excited to go out to Colorado Springs to visit him and Ninna sometime soon!
The day started for us at Grampa Jack's house. Baby's first Christmas? Well, actual Christmas was about my third Christmas, after Gearschutz and everything. (No, of course the editors forgot their camera for Gearschutz, did you think I was dealing with competent professionals here?) Nonetheless, love and joy came to me, and a good amount of wassail came to my parents from what I can tell, and a great time was had in the hinterlands of northwest Montana. I was the happy (if unaware) recipient of far and away the most gifts of anyone at either the Liebschutz or Lindsey celebrations, which led to some awesome new toys for me and some packing challenges for the parents. Thanks SO much for all the generous and thoughtful gifts, I believe I have now personally drooled on each of them, and could not be happier!

Wrapping paper is shiny! Tastes Great! Less Filling!


Momma picked out the greatest gift ever, BPA free stacking cups! They are cylinders! of various sizes! Open on one end! And EXTREMELY chewable. Lightweight, small, and immediately attention consuming, these have already been bounced off the floors of nearly every establishment in Wicker Park.

Dad figured out the reason that every child (from him on down) has a set of these stacking rings is that they are hugely entertaining for children, apparently. Not that I have any interest in stacking, it is the UN-stacking that gets me every time. Also, the only thing better to chew on than the top ring (new and improved with rattling balls!) is the big yellow center pole. We also got a variation of this with a pastry theme to the rings from our dear friends the Potters.

But of course, I would be remiss if I said that ANY of the above was half as cool as chewing the wrapping paper. It isn't. If only mom and dad had packed some of that to bring back with us!

No comments:

Post a Comment