Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Happy Birthday G.G!!!

A few weeks ago I had the profound pleasure of helping my dear Great Grandma Nancy (G.G., as she is casually known around here) celebrate her 85th birthday. It was an extra special weekend, because I also got to meet my Grandpa Jack, Grandma Michele, Aunt Maggie, Great Aunt Ann, Great Uncle Mike and Cousins, Cousins, Cousins!!! It was so wonderful, and I was pretty good, especially when we got stuck in traffic on the way home, when no one else in the car would have known how vexing being stuck in traffic was had I not made sure to remind them, at the top of my lungs, for the entirety of the time we were delayed. I tried so hard I threw up! That's how my parent's know I love them, I make sure they are always in the loop.


Grandpa Jack and G.G. Such a charming lady, and such a tasty lunch. There was even delicious desserts, which pops DEVOURED. Again, helping out the folks by frankly observing their behavior.
G.G.'s cousin Jack Ringer, world traveler, raconteur, and map enthusiast. Also, like Grandpa Jack, a beard enthusiast. He is hanging out with Great Aunt Ann, who came all the way in from Maryland to see me and G.G. What a lovely lady!

Seriously, how much does pops rock? Get it, pop rocks? I am not sure even my dad was alive when those were popular.





Double Trouble: I got to meet my twin cousins (to some degree or another), and marvel at both their adorable sartorial sense and their exceptional coordination (numerous thumb sucking blogs to follow). I was totally charmed by these two, for the twenty minutes I was awake at the event.


No comments:

Post a Comment